Wednesday, July 30, 2014

World Travel Theme: Travel Poster Ornament

Hello!

As August {fast} approaches, I’m itching to get back into my classroom and start decorating! I’m switching from a Garden Classroom Theme to a World Travel Theme. So while I have the time {and inspiration} I’ve been working on some cute decorations, care of Pinterest!


So I found a neat tutorial for making Christmas tree ornaments out of photographs or scrapbook paper and I thought how easy it would be to adapt that idea for my World Travel Theme! 

See my World Travel Packet on TPT here: 

 World Travel Theme Decorations and Resources

My first ideas was to use a map {which would still be really cute} but I've been using maps a lot in other decorations. I had pinned a bunch of colorful travel posters so I decided to try using those!

Here's what it looked like at the end: 




First, I printed the image in full page/full color, and cut off the margins.




Next, I cut the picture into 2/3 inch wide strips.




Then, I stacked the strips and stuck a brad at one end.




Next, I spread out the strips and looped them around so they met at the bottom…





… and stuck a brad on the bottom.




Last, I tied a colorful ribbon to hang it. String or wire would probably work too!





I might still do a couple with maps and some more travel posters. I’ll probably do a variety of sizes as well.

If you want more decorations for a World Travel Theme, check out my decoration packet on TeachersPayTeachers:

 World Travel Theme Decorations and Resources


Thanks for stopping by!
Dylan {The Savvy Schoolteacher}




No comments:

Post a Comment