Wednesday, July 30, 2014

World Travel Theme: Travel Poster Ornament

Hello!

As August {fast} approaches, I’m itching to get back into my classroom and start decorating! I’m switching from a Garden Classroom Theme to a World Travel Theme. So while I have the time {and inspiration} I’ve been working on some cute decorations, care of Pinterest!


So I found a neat tutorial for making Christmas tree ornaments out of photographs or scrapbook paper and I thought how easy it would be to adapt that idea for my World Travel Theme! 

See my World Travel Packet on TPT here

 World Travel Theme Decorations and Resources

My first ideas was to use a map {which would still be really cute} but I've been using maps a lot in other decorations. I had pinned a bunch of colorful travel posters so I decided to try using those!

Here's what it looked like at the end: 




First, I printed the image in full page/full color, and cut off the margins.




Next, I cut the picture into 2/3 inch wide strips.




Then, I stacked the strips and stuck a brad at one end.




Next, I spread out the strips and looped them around so they met at the bottom





and stuck a brad on the bottom.




Last, I tied a colorful ribbon to hang it. String or wire would probably work too!





I might still do a couple with maps and some more travel posters. I’ll probably do a variety of sizes as well.

If you want more decorations for a World Travel Theme, check out my decoration packet on TeachersPayTeachers:

 World Travel Theme Decorations and Resources


Thanks for stopping by!
Dylan {The Savvy Schoolteacher}




No comments:

Post a Comment